Saturday 15 June 2013

Plain Lassy


If there is someone who literally walks the talk about food, it is definitely me. Yes, these days I have been coming a food person in whole - a hardcore foodie. It means delving into every aspect of food - history, chemistry, geography, biology, cultivation, consumption, nutrition, marketing, cooking, garnishing, hygiene, photographing etc. My system never gets into hang when I keep talking about foods.

I am sitting at office when I am writing this post. Surrounded by corporate and tall towers a small (or maybe medium size) dhaba is there... Earlier I used to go there almost every single afternoon with few of my colleagues to have some snacks or juice or something else that suits our respective stomachs... 

Standing in front of that dhaba when my colleagues asked me what I would like to have, I always considered it is a tough ask to get a clean hygienic food there. In this time of the day I always wished if I could carry some cooking ingredients to office and I could make food instantly. 

You may laugh at me hearing that these days I am making food at office too. What can I make at office easily without using fire. The first name came to my mind - Lassy - just a plain lassy... I can make it at office...I can have it in the afternoon..

What ingredients I carry to office: 

1.5 cups of White card (I carry it in large bottle.)
Sugar (I take it from office pantry.)
Salt (it is also available at office pantry.)
1 pinch of black pepper powder (I carry it in a small covered pot.)

How I make it at office:

1. I carry the whipped and blended curd in a bottle.
2. After reaching office I keep it inside the refrigerator. 
3. By 3:30 P.M. I take it out and add 2 tbsp of sugar and salt as per my taste. 
4. Stir in with a spoon constantly. Once the sugar and salt get dissolve into the curd, I keep the bottle in the refrigerator again.
5. After 15 minutes sprinkle a pinch pepper powder on the top.
6. Now it is serving time. 

Yes,...off course I have to serve the lassy to many of my colleagues. They too enjoy this healthy and clean lassy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...